ASEAN University Fencing Championship 2017
1. Date: 9th – 12th March 2017 (Thursday to Sunday)
2. Venue: President Hall, Nilai University, Nilai, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
3. Organizers: Sports Focus Centre for Fencing, Nilai University, No. 1, Persiaran Universiti, Putra Nilai, 71800 Nilai, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia.
- Contact Person: Ahmad bin Mohammad
- Tel: +60 13 – 968 5245
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. This Championship is supported by the Sports Division of the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and ASEAN University Sports Council (AUSC)
5 . Championship Schedule:
6. Participants: Each university may enter a maximum of four (4) fencers for each individual event. There will be no limit to the numbers of entries from the organizer. The organizer also reserves the right to invite any university team outside the ASEAN region.
- 7.1 Preliminary Entry (by event and number) – Form B1 : This form must reach the organizing committee not later than 13th January 2017 (Friday).
- 7.2 Final Entry (by name) – Form B2A & Form B2B : These two forms have to reach the organizing committee not later than 10th February 2017 (Friday).
Please take note that the maximum numbers of entries per event per gender will be 64 fencers.
8. Championship Rules: The competition will be fenced according to the FIE rules.
9. Equipment: FIE equipment is not compulsory, however, rusty weapons, torn uniforms and short socks are not allowed. Fencers clothing must be made of sufficiently robust material; it must be clean and in good condition. Please make sure that all your fencers must wear the 800 NT plastrons. All fencers’ equipment must be sent for weapons check and mark before they can be used in the competition.
10. Championship Management
- 10.1 Participating delegation must be accompanied by the number of referees according to the rules as follows:-
1 – 4 fencers : 0 referee
5 – 9 fencers : 1 referee
10 and more fencers : 2 referees
- 10.2 Directoire Technique (DT)
The Directoire Technique (DT) will be responsible for the organization of the competition. The members shall consist of three representatives from the organizer.
University who do not send any referee in accordance with this rules will be fine US$ 150.00 per referee
All referees should wear black jackets.
- 10.3 Protest
Every appeal to the Directoire Technique (DT) must be accompanied with a deposit of US$200.00. This sum will be confiscated in whole if the appeal is rejected by the DT. Appeals must be lodged and written in English within 5 minutes (maximum) after completion of the bout.
11. Certificate and Medal:
Medals will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and joint 3rd places in each event and participation certificates will be given to all participants.
12. Entry Fee: For Malaysian University Fencers the entry fee will be RM100.00 per fencer per event and for all others US$ 25.00 per fencer per event and it must be paid by bank transfer to:
Account Name: Nilai Education Sdn. Bhd.
- Bank Account No.: 2-05051-10000-979
- Bank: RHB Bank Berhad
- Bank Address: PT7460 & 7461, Jalan BBA 1/1A, Putra Point, Putra Nilai, 71800 Nilai, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
- Swift Code: RHBBMYKL
Payment should be made before 10th February 2017 (Friday). Kindly submit copy of payment slip to email@example.com for our reference and accounting purposes.
13. Accommodation: Below is the list of hotels for your attention. Please contact them directly for your own reservation.
Nilai University Lodge: Nilai University, No. 1, Persiaran Universiti, Putra Nilai, 71800 Nilai, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia.
- Contact Person: Chandra G
- +60 6 – 850 2338 (ext. 240)
14. Transportation: No transportation will be provided by the organizer
15. Weapon Control: Numbers of maximum items for a fencer are as per below:
- Electric jacket (name): 2 pcs per fencer
- Weapon: 4 pcs per fencer
- Body and mask cable: 4 pcs per fencer
- Mask: 2 pcs per fencer
- Glove: 2 pcs per fencer
16. Visa: Please check on the visa requirements to enter Malaysia at Malaysia Embassy, Consulate or Visa Office in your country (according to your nationality).
17. CLOSING DATE: 10th February 2017 (Friday)