SPECIAL FINANCIAL AID SCHEME (FOUNDATION TO DEGREE PATHWAY)
Granted to all students who fulfil the entry requirements of the Foundation programme
AT FOUNDATION LEVEL
AT DEGREE LEVEL
EDUCATION FOR ALL FINANCIAL SCHEME
Granted to financially deserving students who meet entry requirement of the diploma or degree programme
Commencement Fee of RM650 and
FAMILY INCOME OF RM2000 AND BELOW
FAMILY INCOME OF RM2001 - RM4000
|1. Sibling Discount Scheme||Sibling of current student or Alumni||15% tuition fee waiver|
|2. Alumni Discount Scheme||Student who has completed a Diploma and/or Degree programme at Nilai University||15% tuition fee waiver|
|3. Felda Discount||Children of Felda Staff||20% tuition fee waiver|
|4. Civil Servants||Children of civil servants or retirees (civil service)||5% tuition fee waiver|
|5. Installment Scheme||Enrolled students||Semester fees to be divided into three monthly payments (long semester) or two monthly payments (short semester)|
|6. Politeknik Scheme||Student who has completed a diploma programme at any of the Malaysian politeknik institutions||Pay RM650 & Accomodation Deposit RM500: 20% Discount on total tuition fee & 50% on accommodation fee|
- Terms and conditions apply.
Please refer to the Office of Admission & Records (OAR).
Please provide relevant documents.
PAYMENT SCHEMES AVAILABLE
For more information, please contact our education counsellor at 06-8502308 or email to email@example.com
- Applicants must meet the performance criteria as stated in each category of award (scholarship, award, financial scheme or other scheme) before an offer of award can be made. Applicants who do not qualify will be automatically disqualified without prior verbal or written notice.
- Applicants must attach ALL required documents before the application can be considered for the award. Failure to submit all documents as requested may render the application null and void. Receipt of the application and documents do not automatically warrant that the award has been granted. The applicant will receive written notification of the award offer.
- Once an applicant has indicated acceptance of the award, he or she must be enrolled as a full-time student for the entire length of the programme(s) as stated in the letter of offer.
- The current year’s trial/ forecast results are accepted if the official results have not been released at the point of intake. However, the award will be conditionally granted with the forecast results until the official/ actual results are produced.
- The official/ actual results must meet the original results submitted for the initial award consideration; otherwise, the award will be downgraded to the next level or forfeited. If the official/ actual results are better than the original results submitted for the initial award consideration, the applicant is given an opportunity to apply for an award of a higher value (if not already at the maximum value) – which if approved, will take effect from the next semester onwards. In all situations, there will be neither a refund nor top-up (whichever applies) required on the tuition fees paid.
- For official/ actual results, applicants may only use the current year’s results.
- The award is neither transferable nor exchangeable for cash or other alternatives. In the event a student decides to discontinue his or her studies, the award will be forfeited and the student is required to pay back the waiver given.
- Students MUST proceed to the relevant degree programme upon successful completion of the Foundation programme. Students who have successfully completed the Foundation programme and DO NOT enroll in the degree programme by the next immediate semester will be required to PAY BACK the tuition fees discounted under the award.
- Students must take a “full-load” of subjects every semester. The award will be terminated upon completion of the normal prescribed study period specified by Nilai University.
- The award only covers fees for the standard programme duration. Students are NOT allowed to defer semesters – unless in extenuating circumstances approved by the Office of Admission & Records (OAR). Any costs for re-sits and re-takes are to be borne by the student.
- To maintain the award, students must maintain the following:-
- High Achiever Scholarship CGPA ≥ 3.5
- Merit Scholarship CGPA ≥ 3.0
- Extra-Curriculum Excellence Award CGPA ≥ 2.5
- Enrichment for Life Award CGPA ≥ 2.5
- Special Financial Scheme CGPA ≥ 2.5
- Progression Scholarship CGPA ≥ 3.5
- If a student fails to maintain the required score of CGPA, the award will be suspended in the following semester (with immediate effect, with or without notification to the student). The student must settle all fees in the semester where the award is suspended (“Suspended Semester”). Should the student meet the academic requirements for the Suspended Semester, the award will be reinstated for the subsequent semester (provided the Award Scheme is still valid), failing which the award will be terminated. There will be no refund of fees for the Suspended Semester. The student must settle all fees in the remaining duration of study if he/ she choose to remain a Nilai University student.
- The award cannot be offered in conjunction with any other discounts and offers at the university. At all times, applicants/ students are entitled to accept ONE (1) award only at the university.
- All award recipients are required to:-
- attend the award ceremony when requested.
- contribute up to a maximum of 40 hours per semester of their time to assist the University College in marketing and promotional activities, peer counselling, extra-curricular activities and other administrative work as notified by Nilai University. Failure to comply with such requests may result in suspension or termination of the award.
- refrain from posting damaging remarks (through any medium). Please refer to the student handbook for the procedure on grievances.
- be model citizens at all times whether on or off campus.
- Nilai University reserves the right to involve Nilai University award recipients in interviews, advertisement, photography or other publicity activities for the purpose of promoting the university as a leading educational institution. All products of these activities are the copyright of Nilai University and can be used without prior written or verbal permission.
- The university reserves the rights to vary or reverse any decisions and/ or terms and conditions relating to the award without prior notice. All decisions made by the management of Nilai University on matters not covered above are final and binding.
- The university reserves the right to terminate the award if the student does not abide to the terms and conditions.
Send your application by post to the following address:
Note: Please indicate "Scholarship Application Form" on the front top (left) envelope. Applications can also be made at our Main Campus & our Counselling Offices Johor Bahru & Kota Kinabalu. For further assistance please call our Programme Counsellor at (+6) 06 850 2308 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org