Faculty of Hospitality and Tourism
Immerse yourself in the service-oriented industry of hospitality and tourism in the degree programme of Business and Hospitality or in any of the diploma programmes in Hotel Management, Tourism or Culinary Arts. With on–campus facilities that include specialty kitchens, mock hotel room and check-in counter, you will be under the tutelage of an experienced team of lecturers. You will also benefit from industry placement opportunities in a large selection of hotels which includes our own sister company – The Nilai Springs Resort Hotel. Aside from academic pursuits, you will also find plenty of excitement in the many industry-related competitions which you will be trained to excel in.
Vision, Mission and Goal
To offer appropriate programmes to would provide a sound foundation in academic, practical and industrial exposure for our students towards successful employability in a highly demanding tourism and hospitality industry.
- To determine the appropriate learning outcomes in our programmes based on the needs and aspirations of the hospitality industry;
- To offer our students unique programme packages and itineraries that will differentiate our students’ experiences delightfully; and
- To build and develop a strong bond with the hospitality industry based on mutual respect and understanding where our students can be assimilated seamlessly in a successful career with the tourism and hospitality industry.
- To seek and employ highly skilled staff;
- To develop, maintain, and upgrade educational programmes that provide meaningful employment for graduates;
- To partner with local industrial players to identify knowledge and skills for success in the workplace;
- To assess programme outcomes and student success for the improvement of the teaching-learning experience.
Welcome to the Faculty of Hospitality and Tourism.
Thank you for visiting Nilai University’s Faculty of Hospitality & Tourism. We are here to assist in your decision to undertake studies at diploma and degree levels.
There has never been a more opportune time to consider a career in the various fields of hospitality. This is why we have responded to the needs of the hospitality industry by offering the B.A. (Hons) in Business and Hospitality Management.
Our aim is to prepare well-rounded graduates for employment in hotel, tourism and services management positions in Malaysia and abroad. The programme focus on hotel operational skills, management practice in the tourism and hospitality industry and the skills needed for continued learning in a changing global business environment.
What attracts students to register with us, apart from the commitment to academic excellence, is the enthusiasm and friendliness of staff and students alike – and to this I attach the greatest of importance.
I hope that you will find what you are looking for in our webpage and that you will enjoy and benefit from your studies here in the Faculty of Hospitality & Tourism; and to the world of hospitality within.
Edward Felix Joseph