Admissions For International Students
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Application procedure for International Students
- Submit your application 3 months before the intake you intend to enroll in.
- This is to help us facilitate the visa application for your student visa.
Complete and submit the following:
- A completed Application Form.
- A completed Accommodation Form (if necessary)
- A photocopy of your national identification card (as proof of identity)
- 2 sets of photocopy of your Passport with a minimum validity of 2 years (Personal particulars and all pages). Copies must be certified true copy for all pages.
- Certified copies of your Secondary or Secondary Vocational School results & Graduation Certificate (including translated copies in English if the original documents are NOT in English)
- 8 most recent passport-sized photographs (blue background only) measuring 3.5 cm x 5cm. The size of the photograph MUST be exact.
- A completed Nilai University Medical Report Form with Lab Test Report attached (translated to English if original statements are NOT in English). This document is OPTIONAL to minimise risk of rejection during the Health Screening Process on arrival.
- Original copy of No Objection Certificate or Eligibility Letter (for countries under the Sub-Saharan Continent) Sub-Saharan Continent)
- Original copy of Affidavit for name (if name indicate in academic results/ or any other documents are different from the name in the passport)
Payment to Nilai Education Sdn Bhd for:
*NOTE: Visa Application, Health Screening & Insurance fees are to be paid to Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS) via Nilai University. For additional information, students may peruse the information from the following website: http://www.educationmalaysia.gov.my/one-stop-application/#content
** Please call us at (+6) 06 850 2308 or email Ms. Rani at email@example.com for more information pertaining your student pass.
Please mail the above documents & payment (or receipt of payment/telegraphic transfer) to:
International Marketing - Nilai University
No.1, Persiaran Universiti, Putra Nilai, 71800 Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
Upon receipt of the above, we will process your application. You will receive a pack from Nilai University within two weeks.
Visa Submission Process
- Your student Visa Approval Letter will be subsequently processed – including submission to the Ministry of Higher Education and the Immigration Department via the Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS). Successful applicants will receive the Visa Approval Letter within six to eight weeks.
- Students are required to apply for a Single-Entry Visa and endorse the Visa Approval Letter received at the nearest Malaysian Embassy/ Consulate/ High Commission before proceeding to travel to Malaysia or risk deportation. Further information can be acquired at http://www.imi.gov.my
Fist Payment to the University
You are required to make the FULL payment (payment details are attached in your invoice) as per the invoice included with your Letter of Offer before your arrival to Malaysia. Payments can be made via the following:-
- Telegraphic transfer
- Bank draft
- Any other methods available in your country
- Your original Visa Approval Letter (once received by the University) will only be sent to you once we have confirmation of your payment.
Preparations for travel and arrival to Malaysia
- With the Visa Approval Letter, you may endorse a Single Entry Visa** onto your passport at the Malaysian Embassy/Consulate*** in your country. Please bring along your Offer Letter, the Visa Approval Letter and your passport when you do your visa endorsement. When this is done, you’re all set to fly!
* If you are in the process of obtaining a passport, please note that the University can only proceed to this step after receiving your 2 sets of new passport photocopies. Therefore, it might take longer than 6 weeks.
** If you are in the process of obtaining a passport, please note that the University can only proceed to this step after receiving your 2 sets of new passport photocopies. Therefore, it might take longer than 6 weeks.
*** All international students should enquire at the nearest Malaysia Diplomatic Mission/ Embassy/ Consulate at your country for the latest entry procedures and requirements & confirmed whether necessary visas are needed for entry into Malaysia or refer to website of Immigration Department of Malaysia for more information.
- Ms Chin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ms Chia (email@example.com)
- or fax to the number (+6) 06 850 1766 or (+6) 06 850 1266 (Attention to Ms. Maizatul / Ms.Chin / Ms. Chia)
- You must then inform Nilai University’s International Office of your flight details FIVE (5) working days before your date of departure. Representatives from Nilai University will greet you at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA). Note: Students will only be allowed entry (by the Malaysian Immigration) into Malaysia in the presence of a Nilai University representative.
- Send your flight details to our International Office staff via emails
- If there are changes in your flight details (other than what you have already communicated to us) OR if you are unable to locate our representative upon your arrival at the airport please call either one of the following mobile numbers:-
- Contact No 1: (+6) 012 9696 825 (Mr. Thanesh)
- Contact No 2: (+6) 012 9696 824 (International Office Staff)
- Please note that you will need to surrender your passport to the International Office upon arrival. Our International Office will assist you in applying to the Malaysian State Immigration for your Multiple Entry Visa and Student Pass.